Tuesday, August 1, 2017

De Pere a critical look

I have been meaning to write about my views of De Pere for quite a while.  When I started working in De Pere at the High School back in 1999 (the Weller days), it was culture shock to me.  My upbringing was more modest and disciplined.  So the disrespectful/ spoiled kids was kind of an eye opener.

I have been trying to put words to my overall impression of De Pere.  Pompous, stuffy, phony are all words that seem to fit.  But let me explain why I see De Pere as self-centered.

There is this river thing, which no doubt contributes to the we are better than them on the other side ego.  Yeah ok to be fair Green Bay has the East/West side thing (though its not as pronounced as years ago), so its not just that.

So maybe its because as Green Bay has become more diverse, the upper class folks have migrated to De Pere.  Why do people do this?  Well its basically an elitists attitude, where they don't care to associate the mixed neighborhood.  So factor that in too.

All that wouldn't be the end of the world, but the kids of these yuppies;

Don't know what hard work is as they were spoiled growing up.
From that stems a lack of respect, as they can't appreciate what they never had to work for.

Just like I wrote a few years back, basically I fell like a slave to these ego stroking elitists.

If you think I am smoking crack, then you should go look at the new business managers red Ferrari and tell me that doesn't make you shake your head a little.

Message to De Pere - Get over yourselves.

No comments :

Post a Comment